Wednesday 19 February 2014

Wow ... Maybe Someone Should Tell Jimmy Fallon about the Latin Mass

Well, you'd think everyone in show business is Anti-Catholic. Turns our Mr. Fallon who's now leaving his talk show, actually was inspired to become a priest once. In the NPR Fresh Air interview he did recently, he went on about his Catholic upbringing. Two really cool gems came out of that to me:

First from the interviewer, Gross:  "GROSS: And there are comparisons, I think, between a theater and a church. They are just, kind of, places that are separated from outside reality."

Second, from Jimmy Fallon about when he tried to return to the Church, and the "horrors" he encountered in coming to Mass in L.A. (no surprise there if any of you have Googled the notorious Catholic education conference held there annually):

"GROSS: Do you still go to church?

Mr. FALLON: I don’t go to – I tried to go back. When I was out in L.A. and I was kind of struggling for a bit. I went to church for a while, but it’s kind of, it’s gotten gigantic now for me. It’s like too… There’s a band. There’s a band there now, and you got to, you have to hold hands with people through the whole Mass now, and I don’t like doing that. You know, I mean, it used to be the shaking hands piece was the only time you touched each other.

GROSS: Mm-hmm.

Mr. FALLON: Now, I’m holding hand – now I’m lifting people. Like Simba.

(Laughter)

Mr. FALLON: I’m holding them (Singing) ha nah hey nah ho.

(Speaking) I’m doing too much. I don’t want – there’s Frisbees being thrown, there’s beach balls going around, people waving lighters, and I go, ‘This is too much for me.’ I want the old way. I want to hang out with the, you know, with the nuns, you know, that was my favorite type of Mass, and the grotto, and just like straight up, just Mass Mass.

Seriously? Why hasn't Mr. Fallon searched the internet for "traditional Catholic Mass?" We got your solution for you Jimmy Boy! Come on down to the Mass Mass of All Ages! No gimmicks, just a priest, Christ, some good ol' boys in surplice and cassocks, and Heaven and Earth co-mingling in the Sacrifice of All Time! Someone, get word of the Latin Mass to him pronto!!!!

Pax, Julian. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get the Simba reference until I listened to the audio. Do they really do that in LA?

    ReplyDelete