Breaking news from my Blog Feed.
Summary: Some bishops from some region of Italy came for an ad limina visit to Rome. They presented concerns about their diocese. One bishop, of Conversano and Monopoli, declared that the Mass in the old rite was creating "division." Reading between the lines they want the Pope to nullify Summorum Pontificum and kill the Latin Mass or at least to give control back to the Bishops.
So what did the Holy Father do? Just as expected from a doctrinally and dogmatically traditional Pope, from a man who now is in the seat of the Bishop or Rome who MUST respect the tradition of the Church: He told them in essence that SP will NOT be deleted, and that they must be watchful for RadTrad groups and organizations, "extremists."
See here at New Liturgical Movement: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2013/05/pope-francis-and-motu-proprio-summorum.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheNewLiturgicalMovement+%28New+Liturgical+Movement%29
See. The Pope truly does respect the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. He's not going to do anything to it, at least while Benedict Emeritus XVI is alive.
P.S. Don't forget to view my last post on the Devotion to the Sacred Heart.
Fall 2014 Latin Mass Special Offerings, SEE HERE!
- Sources of Information for Special Offerings Latin Mass Listings
- COLLECTION OF MY LATIN MASS QUESTION AND ANSWER POSTS AND ALTAR SERVING POSTS
- The Liguorian Reflection Series on Many Ascetical Works
- BLOG RULES!!! READ THEM BEFORE YOU COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME!
- Contact Information
- Servimus Unum Deum - Latin Mass Serving Group
- LONG TERM PROJECT: Vatican II Reading and Countering with the Actual Documents, AND YOU CAN HELP!!!
- Known Latin Mass Listings in the Archdiocese of To...